Family Law

I am not the Father. How can I get my name removed from a child’s birth certificate?


Matters like these are difficult, the purpose of this post is to provide some insight in dealing with a situation like this so that persons involved can move forward with their lives. If you believe that you are not the father of a child these are the steps that you can take:


I was in a common law relationship but my partner has since passed away. How do I ensure I get a share of my partner’s estate?


When a cohabitant passes away WITHOUT A WILL, the surviving cohabitant will need to have this cohabitational relationship formally declared in order to benefit from the deceased’s estate. With the help of an attorney, the surviving cohabitant must: